5/15/2006

Master of All I Survey

Well the deed is done. After six months of picking colors and flooring, and an hour and a half of signing documents, I’m debt up to my neck. But it’s the good kind of debt. I own a house.

It’s my first one, and the whole process has been surreal. I got a little nervous when I got my car loan, and that was about 10% of what I just signed away for my new bachelor pad. But it’s so cool. The furniture isn’t in yet, but I had to wander through and survey my new kingdom. I’m really looking forward to yelling at kids and dogs to get off my lawn.

So big housewarming party at W’s in June. It's fun to be master of all I survey (if the blinds are closed). I’m just hoping somebody will insult me so I can exercise the age old privilege of landowners and kick them out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Exador said...

HEY!!!!
Congratulations, W. Is it a new construction? Either way, you will now ALWAYS have SOMETHING that needs to be fixed, fixed up, improved, or replaced.

1:48 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger W said...

Thanks. :-) It's new construction and there are several things to fix. I'm just swamped trying to get blinds on all the windows and towel hangers and shower rods in the bathrooms.

11:16 AM, May 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home