7/23/2007

Save Your Breath For Blowing Up Waterwings Breeder

When The Mrs. and I started talking about getting married, one of the earliest things that came up was kids. Back in my twenties I wanted kids. Preferrably two. Now that I'm in my thirties I'm less sure. I told her I wouldn't mind having kids, but I didn't want to be so old I couldn't keep up with them. And I really didn't want to be the oldest dad at the high school graduation.

The Mrs. very much wants to have children. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that she's adopted. Once you get to know her parents it's pretty obvious that she's adopted. She's very different from them. Fortunately though, their influences on her are very obvious as well. I think their influence is why the free form artist was able to fall and love and be happy with a logical engineer who likes to plan. And vice versa.

But I digress. The point is....... The Mrs. wanted to have kids badly, and I didn't want to be old and feeble when my kids were young. Everyone told us we should be married for awhile before trying to have a baby. And we both had our reasons for not waiting too long. Conventional wisdom is that it takes at least 6-12 months to get pregnant once a couple starts trying. I had just watched some close friends of mine try for a year before being successful. So with that in mind we decided to just let nature take its course and see how long it took. After all, "It'll probably take awhile."

So has anyone figured out where this is all going yet? It took six weeks. Less than two months after our wedding my wife told me she's knocked up. Holy crap I'm going to be a dad.

*Today's post title inspired by The Simpsons.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarcastro said...

Good job.

What you lose in sleep will be well worth the return.

8:17 PM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Congratulations on the little w.

11:36 AM, July 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two whole months? Oh well, at least the job got done...Congrats!

11:46 AM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger Exador said...

Congratulations! Start designing tree houses and playgrounds, naturally with bridges between them all.

1:35 PM, July 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You engineers are so good with all that technical stuff.

2:14 PM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger W said...

Thanks for all the well wishes. And that's a good idea Ex. I'm going to warm up my CAD program first thing tomorrow. Now I just have to get a good topographical survey of the yard.....

3:05 PM, July 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home